Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Kid is Back!

Well, I'm back from Chicago, and marginally less cranky than I've been, and I'm losing the cold I've had for what feels like 6 damn week.

And three weeks after the Season Finale of Battlestar Galactica, I'm still finding chunks of my brain laying around on the floor and wall from when it BLEW. MY. MIND.



Stop reading if you haven't seen the finale (Rich, I'm talking to you-- get off your lazy ass and watch more TV, dammit!) but goddamn, that last half hour was the greatest, maybe bravest, most unexpected thing I've ever seen.

BG pulled a "One Year Later," similar to what DC is currently doing with their superhero universe (but, of course, a billion times better,) and totally and fundamentally changed the show. The difference is --and I don't really feel like getting into the philosophy behind various comic book publisher stunts, is that Battlestar Galactica didn't NEED to shake up the status quo. The show was by no means stale, or even approaching stale, and as a writer (or former writer) I am just in awe of the story possibilities the BG writers have opened up for each and every character. Goddamn, what a great show. If you're not watching it (Tom, I'm talking to you- get off your lazy ass and watch more TV, dammit!) then there is something wrong with you.


(I know, I know, not the most exciting blog post, but holy shit, I just can't get over how great this show is-- the worst part will be waiting until freaking OCTOBER for more episodes.)

No comments: