Thursday, May 25, 2006

Layman movie reivew: X3



Man, the nanosecond I finish writing this review I'm gonna call the MIAA, or the FBI, or the AARP, or whoever the hell you piss and moan to when you find out about pirated video. I didn't even think X-3 was in theaters yet, but I walked into my local Blockbuster and, low and behold, there it was, sitting on the shelves... not even with the new releases! So I took it home and popped the tape VCR, and here we are.

All I can say... this movie is NOT what I was expecting. I should tell you, I really enjoyed the first two X-movies, but sorta had low expectations based on what I heard about this movie. X3 is NOTHING like the first two movies. It's got an all-different cast. Not only that, the high concept had been totally revamped. It wasn't even anything like the TV ads, which was kind of annoying. It's not even a sequel, per se... more of a "reimagining," I guess.

X3 isn't a superhero movie, and it's got nothing to do with superheroes. It's a spy movie, starring Vin Diesel as Xander Cage, who is much more like Wolverine, with muscles and guns and an arsensal of bad attitude! He plays an extreme sports athlete who gets recruited to be a government agent. It wasn't bad... but I really was expecting to see Patrick Picard and Huge Ackman, and the rest of the gang from the previous two movies. I don't know what to think, but obviously I am hopping mad. It never even said if Vin Disel's character was supposed to be a mutant or not. How lame.

But that's not even the worst part. I just trolling around the internet and found out they are planning on doing a sequel (X4??) Vin Diesel is not even going to be in it. It says that Ice Cube is going star instead. I guess he will be playing the Bobby Drake role. This just confirms my suspicions: That everybody in Hollywood is a freaking idiot!!

No comments: