Thursday, September 01, 2005

Sorry, but I just can't stop blogging about this stuff (updated)

1. Count Fox News to give us a fair and balanced look at Katrina. Here's an article on their web site, "Katrina pummels both Rich and Poor." Hmm. I wonder how many rich people weren't able to get the fuck out of dodge before the hurricane hit. I wonder how many of them don't have housing or health insurance. I wonder how many of them have starved to death. Oh, and poor old Trent Lott lost his home. Looks like this is a good case for more tax cuts for the rich.

2. Meanwhile, Condi Rice buys a new pair of shoes. Well, gosh, if she can afford to spend thousand of dollars on shoes while this is going on, just imagine what her Red Cross donation is going to be. (Thanks to eagle-eyed Bollah Blog reader Jason P. for the link!)



3. The fourth paragraph of this story is absolutely horrendous, surely the worst thing to come out of an already terrible, terrible event: (In the New Orleans Convention Center) At least two people, including a child, have been raped as the arena darkened at night. At least three people have died, including one man who jumped 50 feet to his death, saying he had nothing left to live for.

4. My roommate sent me an article about cops looting to, but she didn't send me the link. And I just gotta tear myself away from all this. I'm literally feeling physically ill. The article above already has me on the verge of freakin' puking (I have a weak stomach for this sort of stuff.)

5. Oh, what the hell. One more: House Speaker Dennis Hastert dropped a bombshell on flood-ravaged New Orleans on Thursday by suggesting that it isn’t sensible to rebuild the city. So... uh, we can't "cut and run" in Iraq, but we can in one of America's most beautiful and historic cities? Fuck you, Hasturd. He also asks, ""How do you go about rebuilding this city? What precautions do you take?" How about giving the city the funding it needed for flood prevention, asshole?

No comments: