Saturday, December 18, 2004

LAYMAN SPEAKS, RECOMMENDS MOVIE

Hi everybody. Layman here. I’m a little doped up from the pain medication, and doctors, nurses and random passersby poking and prodding, but I figured this was so monumentally important that I blog this information to you.

Normally, I would never recommend a movie I have not seen. Not only that, I have to admit I’m a little ticked off that I haven’t received a check or any other sort of financial compensation for this. However, when you’re facing down death, as I am, it’s time to put that sort of pettiness aside. There’s a movie out right now that I think you should see. In fact, from the title alone, it sounds like a movie that EVERYBODY should see.

I’m not sure how accurate it is, but from the title I’m guessing it is at least semi-biographical, documenting that period when a very less discriminating, but no less sexually ripe, J.S. Layman, Esquire, had a sequence of liaisons and dalliances with the homeless, bag ladies, and multiple amputees.

The movie’s title, of course, LAYMANY SNICKET’S A SERIES OF INCREASINGLY EROTIC EVENTS WITH THE LESS FORTUNATE.

Catch it this today at a multiplex near you. See it with somebody you love!

-JL

(Oh, and for the record, I have no idea what a “Snicket” is. I’m guessing it is some sort of euphemism for my—oh, gottta go, the nurse is here, and it looks like she wants to… uh, take my temperature.)

No comments: